PROPOSED ENERGY LEGISLATION REDUCES CUSTOMERS' ENERGY COSTS
Thank you for your interest in energy legislation, specifically Senate Bill 564 and House Bill 2265, which will cut, freeze and cap your electric rates.
The best way to follow and support this legislation is to become a POWERforward member, where you will receive regular updates on energy issues that affect your life and your community.
If you wish to take action now and let you legislator know you support these bills, please click here.
We've created a short video that explains the customer benefits of having a smart, secure energy grid along with stable rates:
Here's how SB 564/HB 2265 benefits you:
- Cuts electric rates approximately 4-5% for you within 90 days of being signed into law.
- Freezes rates for three years from the last rate increase.
- Caps electric rate increases at 2.85% annually, cumulative from a utility's last rate review, making your rates more affordable, stable and predictable.
- Saves the average residential customer $1,200 over the next six years, compared to the 10-year average comparison.
- Helps make Missouri's electric grid smarter, more secure and more reliable, enabling new products and services, and reducing service interruptions for you.